Driving license is the most important document for people who want to drive their own vehicle in India. RTO department will not provide the lifetime valid Driving license for people. So this article provides the process to renew driving licence in India
This renewal process is because to check the fitness of the person at present days. So before expire on your old license you should renew your license.
If the Permanent holder has changed his address from one place to another then they must register within one month at RTO office. If in case applicant moved from one state to another state then he/she submit the no objection certificate (NOC) which is issued by RTO office.Sponsored Links:
Required documents for renew driving licence:
- Driving Licence renewal application form
- Applicant medical certificate
- Valid permanent address
- Age proof: PAN card, birth certificate, passport, Voter ID etc
- Address proof: Passport, pan card, bills, LIC etc
- Recent passport size photos
The fee structure varies from state to state. The difference of amount is not a lot but in the smaller scale. You can know the fee structure by visiting your state portal.
Driving License Renewal fee from January 2017 is Rs 200
Process to renew driving licence:
People must download the Form 9 from the official website of your state or collect the form at nearest RTO office
- Fill the application form with necessary details at portal also click on continue button
- Next, upload the scanned necessary documents for renewal process
- After successful payment, an acknowledgment will be generated
- Take the print out of acknowledgment as well as visit the nearest RTO office
- Complete your renew license process by giving the biometric test in RTO office
- You can get your new Driving License within 10 to 15 working days through speed post
Here ends the process to renew driving licence. Hope this article is helpful to you. Please share your suggestion as well as experiences with us.